https://krishimela.com.bd/

https://krishimela.com.bd/
https://krishimela.com.bd/

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A horrible journey by bus at night -Bangladesh Transport System


Dear reader, 

I hope you are fine and I am also fine after passing a horrible night including half of a day. It was a journey from my home town to my campus.

In my life bus journey is not a sudden matter, from my childhood it has been considering as a regular and easiest task to me. Science three year old I have been journeying by bus. Several times I have to face many difficulties and it was one of them but not the worst journey. Something was wrong that can't be forgotten easily.

It was started slightly dramatically, day before yesterday I went to visit our land property with my father at Magura, Satkhira and fortunately I meet with one of my younger brother called Shohag, my university's junior student. It was nice to saw him that we can go together to the campus. I visited his home and familiarized with his family and made anagreement to buy two tickets for our journey. After passing a happy moment I came back to my house than again went bus terminal for collecting two tickets. There were several traveling agency and I chose “AK Travels”.

Our starting time to start journey was last day night at 8pm. We arrived on time and our seat number was so good. It was a normal non-ac bus. We started our mission without any problem.
But that day luck was not in our fever and after three hour near Magura Sadar bus's head light has damaged and we can't move our bus. Nobody was there to help us and I recalled about“Titanic”tragedy but there was no heroin just only a helpless night. Several phone calls were made to acquire help to our nearest bus but they didn't help us. We have nothing to did just wait and wait. At last we decided to run our bus slowly up to nearest bus-stop. We hoped we must get help there but again we had to wait for luck. It was really terrible to us. There are several girls and women. They had to supper at that night. But still I was pleasant. After a long time our bus supervisor managed another bus with a limited seat for women and girls. But what would be happen to us? Waiting and waiting.There was no open shop for food or water. It was over midnight under the open sky. Almighty helped us that there was no rain in that night. Now it was intolerable to me. At last we got a bus but no seat. Again pain and pain, at list three hours in a same position. I felt that there is no leg with me.

Here was not terminated it was just preliminary to tolerate more pain. At “Doladia ferry ghat” we trapped in a big traffic jam. Still I was standing on the bus for another two to three hour. No water, no food for a long time. Sometimes we get down and again get up in the bus. We have nothing to do. We tried to enjoy night, darkness and surrounding people like us. But with a hungry body there is no beauty.

At that time bus supervisor managed another AC-bus from his agency after several request. It was great, within five minute we went to dream world at the last six seats. I can't remember when we cross the river.
In a moment I got up with getting a hard pain by hitting with front seat. Just it was another side of river but it was six o'clock that means we are passing about 10hrs in a bus journey. Still there was another hundred miles from my destination. Bus driver try to cove his losses time by running fast. It was good but not for me. At the last seat I have been repeatedly jumping and getting pain up to Dhaka.

I was happy to get down from the bus. After taking a breakfast at 11am aging started my journey to Gazipur. Again I had to trap in traffic jam for more than three hours and I hope it is well-known to you. After a long wait I come to my campus at afternoon. That means I need at list twenty hours to come from home. Is it not tolerable to you?